Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's not often...

...that I get morning alone time. My babe woke me up at five o'clock sharp this morning. I spent the next hour hoping she would go back to sleep on her own, to no avail. At six I finally caved and nursed her, grumbling the whole time. And then I put her back down, closed the door to her room (not a peep! Yes!) and remembered how much I love mornings.

It's been a long time since we've had a sunrise like this. Hello, Olympics.

I put on a pot of coffee and sat down for some serious, guilt-free blog reading. Well, almost guilt-free. There are probably a million other things I could be doing with this time. But I've (mostly) learned to just savor every one of these rare quiet moments.



Just me and my favorite mug. 





No comments:

Post a Comment